Sunday, October 01, 2006

Meghan's 1st blog update

Hi everyone

I just wanted to have a place where people can go to be updated on Meghan's progress. Unfortunately I'm finding it very difficult to talk to people at the hospital in front of Meghan as I'm constantly repeating myself over and over again and the first week she was there she told me I'm always on the phone. I feel right now I need to be there for her and concentrate on getting her healthy and home as soon as possible. I know everyone is wanting to be updated so I thought this would be the best way. Thanks to Chris for setting this up for me (and Vanessa and Nic).

First of all I can't even begin to thank each and everyone of for your kind thoughts, wishes, generosity and prayers for Meghan, we are completely overwhelmed by you all.

Now in case some of you don't know Meghan has been diagnosed with Lymphoma which is a type of cancer but there are many types of Lymphoma and hers is called ALCL which stands for Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma. It is rare but cureable! She has officially started chemo as of Friday evening with Prednisone which she takes 3 times a day for 29 days. Then on Saturday she started 2 other chemo drugs which were injected through her IV and the 4th drug which will be done on Monday through her spine. The chemo will last a year. They took a CT scan on Friday and they will do another one in a month to see the progress. We will be in Sick Kids for at least 15 days but they told us to plan for about a month. Right now she's not been up to visitors because she is completely warn out from the doctors coming and going and all the tests. I will let people know through this blog when she's ready for visitors but please call first as it may also depend on how she's feeling and tests that they may have to do. As well her immune system will be low and we can't afford for her to get ill.

I will try to update this as often as I can but if not I will get someone to do it for me.

Again thanks for everyone's prayers right now, I know so many people have asked what they can do and at this time I can only ask for you all to pray for her. Everyone has been amazing!

Love

Michelle, Meghan, Joe, Josh and Jamie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home