Monday, October 30, 2006

Mon. Oct. 30th

Today was our scheduled day to go home and of course they're not letting us, as her BP is really high, they want to get that under control first. The nurse checked it first thing this morning and than asked me to check, because of course I will have to do it at home and she didn't tell me what she got, and I did it and it was the exact same as hers. Scary but I'm going to be a nurse in my next life, before I came in here I didn't even really know what normal BP was now I know too much, more than I ever wanted. She is also very nutripenic (don't know if I spelt it right) but it means her white blood cell count is very low and she's at risk for infection. If she had a fewer of 38 or more we'd have to come back to the hospital and she's currently at 37.2 so they will be watching that as well because if she has a fever than she has to go on antiobiotics and that usually takes a couple of days to get under control. Because her chemo is so intense right now it's common for patients to get infections. I think we're best not to know when we're going home and when they say we can leave than we'll just run out the door. They haven't given us any idea of when we may go but I think it's best not to think about it, even though it was 6 weeks on Saturday, but whose counting.

Missing everyone and our home.

Michelle & Meghan

1 Comments:

Blogger The Peulic's said...

I know you're disappointed once again to not be coming home but look at it this way you'll get to spend the entire day with your mom on her birthday. You can sing Happy Birthday to her over and over and over again.
I hope you enjoyed your "Dirt Cake" yesterday. Jacob was so worried about what I was going to do with the leftovers but when I told him that I was going to save more for you he said "that's ok then, Meghan can have it".
Cheer up my dear before you know it you'll be home and sleeping in your own bed.
Lots of love,
Auntie Margaret, Uncle John, Victoria and Jacob XOXOXOXOX

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home