Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wed. Oct. 25th

Well I didn't want to write yesterday and tell you we were scheduled to go home today incase I jinxed it and guess what, we're not going home today. Yesterday she had her IT chemo (or LP spinal chemo) about 3 p.m. and she came up with just alittle back pain which she had since last Tuesday. She was so excited about going home today that we packed our stuff and most of it went home last night with Josh. About 4 am her Blood Pressure was high so they gave her some meds and about 7:20 her IV was peeping so I called the nurse and she came and fixed it and about 15 minutes later I woke to her shaking which I thought she was cold and got up to see that she was having a seizure. I called the nurse and then the whole team came in. She's now been for another MRI where they have found swelling on the brain like the last time but in a different area, so that's why there wasn't the same signs as last time like headache and loss of vision. This swelling is called P.R.E.S. which basically means it's swelling caused from the chemo meds but it is reversible. They also need to keep her BP down which they are with medication. So needless to say we're not going home today and they will reassess her on Monday. Well I was so glad that we were here and not at home when it happened. She is very sleepy from the meds they gave for the seizure so she'll probably sleep most of the day. I'm just concerned of course that she may have more seizures like she did the last time and they said it was a possibility. Anyhow that's of course all I have to say for now and let's just hope that there won't be anymore seizures and we can get her home next week sometime, here we go again. Oh and they said they won't be doing anymore IT chemos, because they think that's what might have caused this.

Hangin in there,

Michelle

1 Comments:

Blogger The Peulic's said...

When I woke the kids up yesterday morning I said to them "guess what Meghan's coming home today" and they were so excited. But when I spoke to you later in the morning Michelle I could tell by the tone in your voice that something was wrong. I know that you were both so disappointed to not be coming home but this is only a slight delay and you know that you are better off where you are until Meghan gets on the right track. She is in the best hospital in the world and they are all doing everything in their power to make her well again.

Meghan just knowing that you have the support of such a loving family, so many friends, and an entire community cheering for you should keep you focused on staying strong and positive. My dear you are certainly a fighter and determined to beat this.

It breaks our hearts to know what you are going through and there isn't a minute of the day where we don't wish that this wasn't happening to you. Someone once said to me that we are all put on this earth for a reason and that we are dealt these challenges to become stronger, more determined people. Consider this one of lifes stepping stones and that from now on you will be able to conquer any obstacle sent your way. Meghan you are a very strong and determined little girl and an inspiration to all of us. There isn't anything in the world we wouldn't do for you so keep a smile on that beautiful face of yours and get better and home soon!

Lots of love to all of you
Auntie Margaret, Uncle John, Victoria and Jacob

btw Next time we come to see you I'm going to make sure that I come up to the room by myself in case Uncle John decides to talk to more garbage cans. LOL!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home