Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday, Nov. 24th

She has had a fairly good week, I'm always so nervous to say things are going well because you know what happens when I do that, but I can talk in past tense and she's still sleeping well but experiencing a lot of joint and muscle pain in her back, shoulders, feet and ankles which is normal from the meds. Her physio has been here twice this week and they are quite happy with her progress but it was alittle tough yesterday because her feet were slightly swollen. We've had to increase the codeine for the pain to just take the edge off, which seems to help. Her counts should start going down on Sunday or Monday so that is when we have to avoid infections so again everyone has been wonderful with staying away and we greatly appreciate it as we would like to avoid the hospital stays as much as possible.

Just so you know that on Wednesday afternoon we went and bought her a heated blanket and a therapy foot spa. She has been using them as much as she can.

Thanks again to all of you for your love & support,

Michelle

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Hi Meghan, Michelle, Joe, Josh and Jamie:
It was so good to finally see all of you again. Meghan, remember what we agreed when i left, you will continue to hang tough and be strong. I saw a "poem" today and thought I would share it with you. It is called "What Cancer Cannot do"
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendships.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the spirit.

I thought this was good, I hope you like it.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home