Monday, December 11, 2006

Mon. Dec. 11th

Sorry we were having computer troubles so that's why I haven't written for a few days.

We were back down at Sick Kids today, and what a long day it was. We had to be there for 8:45 a.m. First we registered and than they sent us to ultrasound at 9 where I had been told no food or drink after midnight which we didn't but when we went for the ultrasound finally around 10 she told me we were suppose to have drank for that ultrasound so Meghan drank 2 cups of water and waited so than she took us back in about 20 minutes later and it still wasn't full enough so she drank 2 more drinks and waited 40 minutes and finally she had a proper ultrasound. We then headed back upstairs at 11:30 to go to clinic for chemo where we waited to be called for her weight and of course she gained again, hooray! We than waited for the doctor (our doctor was away so we had the fellow or resident doctor and our nurse was away too) to come and go over everything and wait to be called for the nausea meds which she had at 1:15 and than you have to wait a 1/2 hour before the chemo meds but we had to be back down to have the contrast injected at 2 so we went there first and than back up for the chemo and in the meantime I told Joe to go and put our prescriptions in downstairs at shoppers so when she's done chemo they'll be ready for pick up, wrong. When she was done at 3 we headed down and they had to wait for the doctor to call and we FINALLY got our meds at 4:30 and headed home. Shortly after we arrived home I realized they forgot a drug so I called the fellow on-call and they phoned in the prescription and I went and picked it up at our local drugstore. At 9 when she took all her meds she vomitted them all up, so we had to give her nausea meds first and than wait and give her other meds over but slowly. Needless to say we are both exhausted but more Meghan I'm sure.

We are back down Thursday for the gallium at 8 a.m. (that should be fun) and than back on Monday for the results.

Other than that we're hanging in there :)

Michelle

I've attached a picture of Meghan, Sam & Isabelle on Santa's lap for about a week ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Hi Meghan and Michelle. Glad my comments help you. I got your Christmas card today, thank you. I see you had a pretty busy day but hung in and got it over with. My sister still prays for you every day (as do I) and she says "they WILL make Meghan better, the doctors worked for me they can work for her" so that's it from the other most positive person i know, for you...Take care

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home