Friday, Jan. 26th
Yet again we wait!
Her counts were still down today so they couldn't do chemo, AGAIN! Everything else seems to be going well, they just want her to rest and of course for the past 2 weeks she has rested, she hasn't even left the house except to go down to Sick Kids. But I did realize that she hasn't had a good night sleep in over a week so that may be why her counts haven't gone up. I think I might give her 1/2 a gravol tonight because she is usually up in the night or tossing and turning and can't fall asleep, maybe that would let her have a good night sleep and that could be the "rest" that she needs, as she doesn't sleep in the day because she knows she won't fall asleep at night.
I did ask her again about school and that almost everyone I've spoken to doesn't feel that it's a good idea, but they are very much for them going to school, getting them out of the house (away from her best friend, that's me) being around friends and trying to keep up with the school work and that she can't live in a bubble and that she's going to catch something and it can't be avoided. So we have an appt. next week at school to go over classes, we're only thinking of 2 classes right now and still continuing the homeschooling.
Anyhow we'll see what happens. We have to go back next Friday for chemo (let's keep our fingers crossed)!
Thanks again to you all!
Michelle
Her counts were still down today so they couldn't do chemo, AGAIN! Everything else seems to be going well, they just want her to rest and of course for the past 2 weeks she has rested, she hasn't even left the house except to go down to Sick Kids. But I did realize that she hasn't had a good night sleep in over a week so that may be why her counts haven't gone up. I think I might give her 1/2 a gravol tonight because she is usually up in the night or tossing and turning and can't fall asleep, maybe that would let her have a good night sleep and that could be the "rest" that she needs, as she doesn't sleep in the day because she knows she won't fall asleep at night.
I did ask her again about school and that almost everyone I've spoken to doesn't feel that it's a good idea, but they are very much for them going to school, getting them out of the house (away from her best friend, that's me) being around friends and trying to keep up with the school work and that she can't live in a bubble and that she's going to catch something and it can't be avoided. So we have an appt. next week at school to go over classes, we're only thinking of 2 classes right now and still continuing the homeschooling.
Anyhow we'll see what happens. We have to go back next Friday for chemo (let's keep our fingers crossed)!
Thanks again to you all!
Michelle


1 Comments:
Well what can I say? Like the others, good luck in whatever you choose. Otherwise rest well and take care and I still have everything I have 2 of, crossed for you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home