Monday, February 19, 2007

Mon. Feb. 19th

Last week Meghan only ended up having 1 day at school. Monday was clinic day at Sick Kids, Tuesday she went to school, Wednesday she woke up with a sore throat, headache and sore back (not to mention a bit snowy outside) and Thursday she woke at 1:45 pm and of course Friday was a P.A. Day. Meghan has had trouble sleeping the last couple of weeks and I've been giving her 1/2 a gravol or codeine at night when needed or early in the morning. When I spoke to Lisa our nurse on Thursday to refill the codeine she was concerned about the amount that Meghan's been taking and of course so are we, so we were to mention it to the doctor today when we went. We had a clinic appt. at 10 am this morning and they have decided to give her something to help her sleep only when needed of course and he wasn't overly concerned about the codeine because it apparently is very common for the teens on chemo to have back and shoulder pain. It was another long day at Sick Kids as we had an echo today at 3 pm and we didn't get in for that until 4 so we didn't get home until 5:15, needless to say we were both exhausted (Joe and I haven't been getting much sleep lately with Meghan being up the last few weeks). We are back down on Thursday afternoon for a nerve conduction, which is a test that will see if the chemo has done any damage to the nerves, her walking has definitely improved. Than we are also back down on Friday for chemo, her polys were low today so of course they have to get up before they will do the chemo. So it looks like there will only be 2 days at school this week. I think Meghan is enjoying going as it keeps her mind off everything and keeps her busy. We are still doing physio but that is now down to once a week. Oh I forgot, Meghan cut her hair off on Friday night, I have pictures but I was told I could only take them if I promise not to post them on the internet. And yes she shaved her head before Brittney did, I think she must have wanted to be like Meghan, but Meghan definitely looks prettier. She finds her wig so much more comfortable now that she has shaved her head, which is a good thing and it seems to be flattening down and not so puffy, which is good.

She is still absolutely beautiful to us! Other than that things are going very well for Meghan and everyone at the hospital keeps commenting on how good she looks and to keep up whatever it is she's doing. We are so proud of her and we know that we are all VERY blessed!

Michelle

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Glad to see Meghan is a "trend setter", getting Brit to shave her head and all!!! I am also glad you are getting a chance for school. I hope you continue to enjoy it and continue to improve.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

'K, I actually had to check out the Bald Brit thing, I had no idea!
I must have taken a lot of courage to shave the rest of your hair off. I'm glad you are more comfortable now when you wear your wig.
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying school too!
I'm thinking of you and all the family always.
Love Suzanne

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home