Wed. Feb. 7th
Yesterday was Meghan's 1st day at school. She wasn't sure if she was going to go because she didn't have a very good night sleep, her back was extremely sore. She had physio in the morning which she was struggling with because she was exhausted and in a lot of pain. We went to the school around 12 where we got her lock and agenda and than proceeded to guidance where I asked for a letter to be written that she would be able to wear a hat in school over her wig as she's finding it puffy and itchy, so they wrote a note giving her permission to wear it and we also got an elevator key. Josh met us at her locker where he took her to class, carried her knapsack which was too heavy for her and I left them at the elevator (I was very brave in front of them). I was SO worried about her, it was like dropping your child off at kindergarten for the first time. She was worried that if she wasn't well or couldn't stay for the whole time that I would be at home if she needed me. She is worried about sitting for 1 hour and 20 minutes on a classroom chair, but she has permission to bring a cushion if she needs it, or she can get up and walk around if she needs to. She also has permission to leave class 5 minutes earlier to beat the mad rush in the halls, and yes it's a mad rush! I went back and picked Josh up at 2 from his class and I asked how she did because he met her after her art class to walk her to her geography class and they decided to switch her from that art class to another art class because it's a smaller class size. So she went from art to art and she'll go to the new geography class today. She did get stopped for wearing her hat of course but thankfully Josh was there and she had her note from the guidance teacher. I cannot even begin to tell you all how much better I feel knowing Josh is there with her. He only has 1 class in the p.m. so he will meet her at her class and take her to her next one until she's comfortable on her own, which she isn't yet. I went back at 3 to get her and brought Josh and he went in to get her, she was so exhausted last night, it took so much out of her. She enjoyed her other art class because she has a friend in there. I know she'll be fine but it will take a while for me to get use to her being at school, as we've been together for 5 months now, and I'm very worried about her.
Anyhow she's doing fine and I'm coping as best I can :)
Michelle
Anyhow she's doing fine and I'm coping as best I can :)
Michelle


3 Comments:
Hang tough Michelle, you have to let your "little girl" go. And Meghan, you stay strong and carry on how you like. I hope you get to enjoy school
Liam was very concerned about how you made out at school. He asked me, Mom you know who my girlfriend is? I said no, who? He said Meghan...then after a pause he asked, is it okay for your cousin to be your girlfriend? I said, while your 8, its okay. This is the first time he has ever alluded to a girlfriend. Ethan on the other hand has already had several botched relationships. This week, it is Natalie next door who he plans to marry. I can't believe I got bumped by a five yr old!
Hey Meghan,
I'm glad to hear you are taking a couple of classes this semester. Nothing beats an older brother looking out for you oops, can't forget Liam either :)
Too cute!
Take care
Love Suzanne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home