Saturday, March 17, 2007

6 down, 9 more to go!

Yesterday we arrived at Sick Kids at 9:30 for chemo, her counts were just good enough to go ahead. Her weight had gone up slightly so they've increased her prednisone ( she started feeling hungry the last time she was on them). We had to wait an hour before we were called to the IV Room and once we arrived there around noon our nurse Krista (from 8A where we stayed when we were at the hospital) was hoping for blood return but of course not so they sent us down to the daycare room where they give the chemo and hooked her up to the saline while they waited for the TPA (the stuff that thins out the blood in the port) but it takes 2 hours to work. Oh and by the way did I mention that when we were talking to our doctor they have switched over one of her chemo meds (because the old one you can only have so much before it does damage to your heart) but the new one he said has a slight chance of causing seizures, and of course we just started lowering the daily seizure medication last Saturday, but he says his plan is that she isn't going to have one, and I said that's my plan too! They finally got blood return at about 3:30 pm and than they go ahead with the chemo meds, we arrived home around 5. They still want us in once in between chemo weeks for blood counts, so we're back next Friday.

She took her meds last night and we had to wait at least an hour after eating before I can give her the chemo med that I give at home so that was about 11:30. She had trouble falling asleep so she came in our bed, which was fine with me because I kept thinking I wouldn't hear her if she had a seizure and Jamie was at a sleepover. But Meghan couldn't sleep at all so that meant neither did we, so finally around 4am she took a codeine and went back to her own bed and we all got alittle sleep after that but not much, we're all alittle tired today but thankfully no seizure, so it was definitely worth it!

She has been looking and feeling great!

Michelle

PS No we don't watch Degrassi?

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Keep going!!! I can see you are having progress. It is a tough road but you are one tough girl!!Thinking of you always.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home