Friday, April 27, 2007

Fri. April 27th

Back down we went to the hospital this morning to check her counts and they are down so we have to avoid crowds, I called the school to tell them she wouldn't be there this afternoon and she was mad that she wasn't allowed to go, but that's the way it works. She has been confirmed for Wed. May 2nd for her surgery to remove her port. We arrive at 9 and the surgery is scheduled for 11 and than once the surgery is over it is a 4 to 6 hour recovery on the 4th floor, that is if her counts are up because they won't do the surgery if there not up. We are also scheduled for chemo on May 4th.

Jamie, my mom & I are participating in the 5km Meagan's Walk on Mother's Day starting at Ontario Place and ending at Sick Kids with a human hug of the hospital. https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/startup.aspx?eventid=10521 We have formed Meghan's Team, it is not the same type of cancer as Meghan has but it for a great cause and it's something Jamie, my mom & I can do together on Mother's Day. Meghan is not up for the walk up so she will stay home with Joe.

It's nice to see all your comments again, from my regulars and new ones. I know there was a problem for awhile there, but it's still nice to know that people are still checking up on us. I'm sure I've aged during the past 7 months.

Thanks again to all of you!

Michelle & family

5 Comments:

Blogger COLLINE BOBBY LEEANN ROBYN SUMMER & RYLEIGH said...

HELLO MEGHAN AND FAMILY

7 MONTHS OR 7 YEARS YOU ALWAY LOOK GREAT MICHELLE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOING TO HAVE A GREAT MOTHERS DAY WITH THE THREE OF YOU. TOO BAD ABOUT SCHOOL MEGHAN, AL LEAST YOU ARE GOING TO SCHOOL AND HAVING FUN.
I HOPE YOUR COUNTS GO UP FOR NEXT WEEK WERE ALL WITH YOU, YOU JUST DON'T SEE US ! lol

LOVE YOU GUYS XOXOXOXOXOXO

12:38 PM  
Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

When missing school is a problem, you KNOW you are on the right track!! Good luck in your walk. I am participating in one for leukemia next month. Good luck also on your surgery and you KNOW we are still praying for you.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Hi Michelle: you have posted your sign up sheet for the walk and I can't get in that one. I searched for your team online. Please post your exact team name so we can all find you and support you....elaine

5:40 AM  
Blogger caitlyn@sickkids said...

Hi
Glad to hear that you guys are participating in the walk on Mother's day! Hopefully we will meet up with you there!
Caitlyn also missed school for the last week and a half due to low blood counts but was able to go last Friday. She, too, was mad. That is always a good sign that they are disappointed at missing school.
Good luck with this week. Our fingers are crossed for you that your blood counts will be up enough.
Take care and we are thinking of you

Rona and Caitlyn

8:40 PM  
Blogger Quiltgal said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that i work with Sue and there are many of us at the Co-operators who check on your progress regularly. We are all sending good thoughts your way and admire the courage of your whole family.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home