Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th (what does that tell you?)

Well another fun day at the hospital. We arrived around 9:45 for our 10 am appt. and her weight was up another kg from last week, she's still not back to her original weight but almost. Her counts were good so away we go with chemo. We went downstairs to put the medications in as it takes a while for them to be filled and the chemo still wasn't up yet, so our nurse Krista told us to come back to the IV room when we're done dropping off the prescriptions, but there was only one chemo up so we decided to access the port, just in case there was no blood return, and as she was pushing the saline through the port Meghan was saying that it hurt and her neck started swelling and Krista asked if this has ever happened before and I said no, so she stopped right away and went to speak to her nurse and they wanted us to have a lineogram, where they check her port, so they gave chemo through the hand and we waited until 3:30 and headed downstairs to the IGT room where they did an ultrasound on her port at her neck where they saw her port had come out of her vein. She did have the chemo but now we have to wait for an appt. to have surgery to remove her port. We're not sure if we're going to put the port back in or just put the chemo through the hand. We are scheduled to go back down next Friday for blood counts. Hopefully they won't see us before that for anything else, except maybe the surgery. Meghan said they better put her out for the surgery or she's going to slap someone, she's hilarious.
Here is a picture Meghan and Krista today in the IV room.
Michelle

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

Hi Meghan. It appears the Blogger had an update and I missed out. Seems like I am in again and want you to know we are all still praying for you. sorry we missed you at Easter. Good news on the weight gain (I am still trying to go in the other direction). Hope your surgery goes well and keep up the good work.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Great picture Meg!
I just thought I'd drop a line and let you know I'm thinking about you.
I hope they put you out to remove the port too!!!
You look great.
Love Suzanne

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home