HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, I know I did. Jamie and I went on the Meagan's Walk starting at Ontario Place and walked 5km to Sick Kids and than at 11:45 am there was a human hug of the hospital, it was a very emotional experience, but wonderful and great quality time with Jamie. Thank you to all those who sponsored us, we raised $500! I also have the kids make me dinner which was wonderful, what a great family I have!
Meghan was back down yesterday for chemo and it was busiest day yet. Unfortunately because of her acrocyanosis (I spelt it wrong the other day) they want to hold off on the IV chemos as they checked with the pharmacist and apparently those 2 chemos can cause this and it could lead to Gangrene, which of course they want to avoid. So for now she will have her 2 meds that she has at home in pill form and the next round she'll have the one IV chemo and they may introduce the other med the next time but they also may hold that one permanently, but they will wait and see how things go. She's feeling great and her counts were obviously good. I know this sounds weird but of course I'd prefer her to have her chemo but they say there's a lot of kids that have that one chemo withheld from there protocol because it doesn't agree with them. So we will wait and see how things go.
We are back down on Friday, May 25th for counts.
Michelle
Meghan was back down yesterday for chemo and it was busiest day yet. Unfortunately because of her acrocyanosis (I spelt it wrong the other day) they want to hold off on the IV chemos as they checked with the pharmacist and apparently those 2 chemos can cause this and it could lead to Gangrene, which of course they want to avoid. So for now she will have her 2 meds that she has at home in pill form and the next round she'll have the one IV chemo and they may introduce the other med the next time but they also may hold that one permanently, but they will wait and see how things go. She's feeling great and her counts were obviously good. I know this sounds weird but of course I'd prefer her to have her chemo but they say there's a lot of kids that have that one chemo withheld from there protocol because it doesn't agree with them. So we will wait and see how things go.
We are back down on Friday, May 25th for counts.
Michelle


2 Comments:
Glad you had such a good mother's day and AMAZING total on the fund raising!! Does this mean the surgery is off? I am glad Meghan is doing well enough to get the treatments and lets hope we are on to a better year
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST MEGHAN HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
we hope you have a great day may your mother and father buy you everthing you ever wanted!!lol your welcome Michelle& Joe
sounds like you had a great mothers day and now your going to have a great birthday day.
I'm running out of people to use for their e-mail address so i can write on the blog but I'm sure I still have a few more
love you guys have a great day xoxoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home