Friday, September 07, 2007

13 down and 2 to go!

I'm sorry I haven't written lately but not much to tell. She went back to school Tuesday full time and was so looking forward to it and she's loving it still. She's been feeling great as well. Today we headed down to Sick Kids for chemo around 9am and it was busy and by the time we got to the front of the line around 9:20am she said she felt sick to her stomache and the next thing I knew she was falling, thankfully there was people behind her so she didn't fall flat on the ground and hit her head, I tried holding her but I was in front of her and had my purse and bag. I was talking to her and calling for help and she woke up on the ground but I thought she was having a seizure, the nurses came and wheeled her away in a chair with wheels, as they didn't have any wheelchairs. It turns out her blood pressume, heart rate, temperature and everything else were fine but they wanted her kept in the "daycare" room where they could monitor her. She had chemo about 1pm and I spoke to her doctor and he decided to send her for a ECG as the chemo med that she was on back at the beginning of the year can have some side effects later on down the road, so we had the ECG around 2pm and we haven't gotten the results yet. Of course the nurses all know her by know and said that that's not the way to get there attention or to the front of the line, but we were already at the front of the line. I think I was more scared then she was, I don't know how much more my nerves can take :) We arrived home around 4pm by the time we eat lunch and picked up her chemo meds. She's doing fine now and we are thrilled that she got her chemo, ONLY 2 more to go and than we will have the tests, hopefully next time we go they will be able to tell us when they are scheduled for!
Talk to you all soon and I'm looking forward to the weekend!
Michelle

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine and Eric said...

WOW, too bad about the shock at the hospital. I hope all is well now. I hope Meghan gets to enjoy school and things get back to "normal". At least now you can see an end in sitght for all the chemo and that will be a relief. Take care all of you

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home